ONE MINUTE IN HELL (2023) - Writer & Director
Genre: Sci-Fi, Drama
A brother takes his younger ten-year-old sister, who is doubting her dream, to "The Box", where you can meet your future self. How will her future self turn out?
"I believe our lives as children begin with a dream and end with death; these are the themes I wanted to explore with this film. One Minute in Hell is my first film that tells a Korean story - the first of many Korean films I would like to make using my Korean voice."
Currently in its global film festival run... Stay tuned for updates!
COFFEE LOVER (2021) - Writer, Producer, Director
Genre: Romance, Sci-Fi
In a world where cloning exists, a young barista is rejected by a customer who caught his eye. He can’t have her, but maybe he could clone her?
Coffee Lover is about la douleur exquise and the misuse of technology.
- Sanctuary International Film Festival 2021 Best Director Winner
- Space Brains SciFi Film Festival 2022 Best Science Element Winner
- North Bellarine Film Festival 2021 Emerging Filmmaker Award Finalist
- Under The Stars International Film Festival 2022 InkTip Prize Winner
- Under The Stars International Film Festival 2021 Annual Finalist:
- Changing Face International Film Festival August 2021 Semi Finalist
- Full list of selections at the bottom of the page.
THE LOVE AFTERMATH (2022) - Writer, DP, Director
Genre: Romance, Poem
In the absence of another, Brahms becomes obsessed to forget and let go...
The Saudade Trilogy: Cascade (2019), Coffee Lover (2021) and 831/The Love Aftermath (2022) explore themes of obsession, absence and letting go.
CASCADE (2019) - Writer & Director
Genre: Sci-Fi, Drama
Tessa invents the Cascade - a time travel device. After an accident sends her husband Elias back in time, Tessa becomes obsessed with bringing Elias back.
Cascade explores themes of moving on and how the effects of obsession if not accepted can cascade through time.
- Under the Stars International Festival 2019 Selection
THE SCENT OF A KILLER (2022) - Director
Genre: Mystery, Fantasy
Struggling to come to terms with the death of her father, Sophie opens a mysterious gift which reveals more than she ever imagined.
Escaping into the past can reveal a truth that will determine your future.
Co-directing alongside longtime collaborator Luke Mascioli.
BLACK HEARTS (2020) - Producer
Genre: Thriller, Drama
A young couple dealing with the trials of marriage, travel to a cabin getaway in a last ditch attempt to save their marriage, or so it seems.
WORTH IT (2019) - Writer, Producer, Director
Genre: Documentary, Sports
To uncover what it means to pursue a dream, former professional cricket player Pratik Churi unveils following a career path that stems from your own passion is the best path. Quitting engineering for sports, building a mindset capable of achieving anything and overcoming set expectations from parents are all part of “Worth It”.
- Shared by SBS
- Watch on SBS On Demand
- 2020 ATOM Awards – Best Tertiary Documentary Finalist
- Coffee Lover (2021):
Sanctuary International Film Festival 2021 Best Director Winner
Space Brains SciFi Film Festival 2022 Best Science Element Winner
North Bellarine Film Festival 2021 Emerging Filmmaker Award Finalist
Under The Stars International Film Festival 2022 InkTip Prize Winner
Under The Stars International Film Festival 2021 Annual Finalist:
Changing Face International Film Festival August 2021 Semi Finalist
Sydney Science Fiction Film Festival 2021 Selection
Ealing Film Festival 2021 Selection
Golden Short Film Festival 2021/2022 Selection
Las Cruces International Film Festival 2022 Selection
Sci-Fi Gainesville 2022 Selection
Seattle Wine and Film Festival 2022 Selection
Nassau Film Festival 2022 Selection
- Worth It (2019):
2020 ATOM Awards – Best Tertiary Documentary Finalist
- Cascade (2019):
Under the Stars International Festival 2019 Selection
- The Coffee Lover (2020), Deakin University 2020 Visionnaire:
Best Documentary Nominee - Award Sponsored by Big Stories Co.
Best Achievement in Design Nominee - Sponsored by Australian Production Design Guild
Best Achievement in Screenwriting Nominee - Sponsored by Monster Films
- 2023: Writer/Director - One Minute in Hell, short film, 18 minutes
- 2023: DP - Within the House, short film, 8 minutes
- 2022: Writer/DP/Director - 831/The Love Aftermath, short film, 2 minutes
- 2022: Director - The Scent of a Killer, short film, 25 minutes
- 2021: Writer/Producer/Director – Coffee Lover, short film, 12 minutes
- 2021: 1st Assistant Director - Happy Place, short film
- 2020: Writer/Producer/Director – The Coffee Lover, documentary film, 30 minutes
- 2020: Producer – Black Hearts, short film, 20 minutes
- 2019: 1st Assistant Director – Genesis, short film, 15 minutes
- 2019: Writer/Host – Left Field, short live show, 14 minutes
- 2019: Writer/Director – Cascade, short film, 9 minutes
- 2019: Director – Cell Block C News, short fictional show, 5 minutes
- 2019: Writer/Producer/Director – Worth It, short documentary film, 6 minutes
- 2019: Writer/DP/Director – The Scars in Our Eyes, short film, 2 minutes
- 2018, 1st Assistant Camera – Lads for Life, short film
- 2018, Writer/DP/Director – Lady Called Grady, short film, 2 minutes
- 2018, Gaffer/Production Assistant – The Rainbow Socks, short film
University of Melbourne, 2023
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours), Film and Television
- First Class Honours, Weighted Average Mark: 81.25
- Conducted research on ‘The Challenges of Making a Korean Short Film as a Korean-Australian Filmmaker’ through a practice-led research.
- Film: One Minute in Hell (2023).
Deakin University, 2018-2020
- Bachelors of Film, Television and Animation
- Graduated with High Distinction, Weighted Average Mark: 81.
- Undergraduate representative for the Bachelor of Film, TV and Animation Advisory Board in 2019 & 2020.
- Films: Worth It (2019), Cascade (2019), Coffee Lover (2021).